2012 Economic Survey Results & Panel Discussion
What: First Business Economic Forum
When: Friday, December 7, 2012 - 11:30 a.m.
Where: Radisson Paper Valley Hotel, Appleton, WI
The results of the 5th annual First Business Economic Survey are complete. First Business Bank, along with the A.C. Nielsen Center for Marketing Research at the University of Wisconsin - Madison School of Business, Insight Publications, and -NorthStar Economics, will release the results of the 2012 First Business Economic Survey of Northeast Wisconsin at the First Business Economic Forum Focus Session at the 2012 New North Summit. The Summit is scheduled for December 7, 2012 from 7:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel, and the Economic Forum Focus Session is at 11:30 a.m.
This economic survey is specific to Northeast Wisconsin businesses. It analyzes common business indicators such as sales revenue, operating costs, capital expenditures, profitability, staffing, wages, and pricing gathered from CEOs, CFOs, and owners of Northeast Wisconsin businesses. Each year the survey contains a current event question. This year’s question asked about the effects of the Eurozone crisis, price of oil, fluctuating consumer confidence, quality of qualified employees, the Wisconsin recall, the Supreme Court upholding of the Affordable Healthcare Act, historic-low interest rates, and the Presidential election. This is the tenth year the survey has been conducted in Wisconsin and the fifth year the survey has been conducted in Northeast Wisconsin.
The event will include:
- Innovative thought leader panel with: Dan Ariens, President of Ariens Company; Melanie Holmes, Vice President of ManpowerGroup; and Christine Mau, Global Design Director for Kimberly Clark.
- Address from Wisconsin Governor, Scott Walker
- New North Overview
- Focus Sessions
- 2012 First Business Economic Forum by First Business
- Business & Education: Collaborations That Work
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship: Fast Forward 1.0 - Innovation to Capitalization for Fast Growth Entrepreneurs
- Innovative Sustainability: What Can We Learn from Our Region’s Best Practices?
- New North Global Trade: An Innovative Pathway to Increasing Regional Exports
The 2012 survey was prepared by Justin T. Hawkins, S. Omar Jobe, and Ted Sun of the A.C. Nielsen Center for Marketing Research at the UW-Madison School of Business.
The forum is open to the media and to the local business community.