First Business Capital Corp. has immediate openings for two BDO's. We have grown and prospered through the Great Recession and well into the new normal. We plan on adding two BDO's to continue that growth in the Denver, CO market and either the Kansas City, KS or St. Louis, MO market.
First Business Capital Corp. (“FBCC”) is a bank affiliated successful, entrepreneurial, growth-oriented traditional asset-based lender. FBCC provides focused financial solutions for privately held businesses with revenues of up to $100 million and financing needs of up to $10 million. FBCC is different – we have the relationship orientation of a community bank and the underwriting fortitude of an independent alternative lender. We provide specifically tailored solutions to meet our client’s business objectives ranging from DIP financings, to acquisitions, to financing rapid growth.
Based in Madison, Wisconsin, FBCC has grown steadily and expanded to the point where we now have eight offices in the Central U.S. from Denver to Charlotte. We plan on immediately adding two additional BDO's to cover the Colorado/Utah and Missouri/Kansas markets. This is a tremendous career opportunity for individuals possessing the requisite background and skills to succeed in the ABL market.
The Business Development Officer ("BDO") is responsible for establishing a market presence for FBCC and generating a satisfactory volume of asset-based loans. Clients use the loans for turnarounds, acquisitions, restructurings, refinancings and rapid growth situations. This is achieved through the development and maintenance of a referral source network that generates a satisfactory level of asset-based loan clients and by pursuing and closing those prospective clients meeting FBCC underwriting criteria.
One position will be based in Denver, CO; and the other position will be based in either Kansas City, KS or St. Louis, MO.
Specifically, as a BDO, you will:
- Develop and expand a network of referral sources/centers of influence. Actively call to promote FBCC and First Business. Make 20-30 referral source calls each month. Referral sources will include: turnaround consultants; bank workout lenders; private equity groups; investment bankers; banks lacking asset based lending capabilities; attorneys and CPAs.
- Participate in professional organizations to gain visibility and enhance the Frist Business brand. Typical organizations will include the Turnaround Management Association, Association for Corporate Growth, Commercial Finance Association and local venture capital clubs.
- Analyze prospective clients and the related credit request and make the initial determination to proceed or not.
- Review and analyze prospective client information: financial statements; business plans; projections; detailed collateral (accounts receivable and inventory) reports; and appraisals of equipment and real estate.
- Visit prospective clients. Evaluate the client’s physical operations; C-level management; and significant shareholders.
- Prepare, present, and discuss the proposal request for prospective clients with FBCC management. Respond to and follow up on questions from meeting participants.
- Prepare and present the proposal letter to prospective clients. Respond to questions from prospect and negotiate loan terms as appropriate.
- Cross-sell other First Business solutions where appropriate.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years of progressive experience in financial services
- Demonstrated business intelligence knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of and the ability to analyze financial statements
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to interact with CFO’s, CEO's and business owners
- The ability to work independently in a satellite office
- Demonstrated record of achievement in sourcing and closing C&I loans
- Desire to succeed and be a market leader