First Business specializes in creating plans to help secure your child or grandchild’s education goals.
Using our tools we can help determine how much you need to be saving. Specifically we’ll help:
- Identify the current cost of the school your child would like to attend
- Determine a targeted savings goal
- Review financial aid options at www.FinAid.org
We’ll review the tax benefits, account ownership differences, beneficiary change rules, contribution maximums and costs with each of these commonly used savings plans:
- UTMA accounts
- 529 plans
- Coverdell Education Savings Accounts
As part of our ongoing service we will:
- Monitor your progress toward your goal
- Review investment performance
- Assist in making beneficiary changes
- Establish or make changes to automatic contributions
When it comes time to start making distributions we will review tax implications of withdrawals and the specifics relating to qualified distributions from 529 plans.
It’s never too late to begin a college savings plan, call us today to get started.