Call for Nominations
The twelfth annual Wisconsin Family Business of the Year Award is accepting nominations from businesses throughout the state. The award celebrates the accomplishments and the impact that family-owned businesses have on our communities.
Since the beginning of the program, the award has recognized businesses including department stores, lumber yards, funeral homes, grocery stores, coffee shops, auto dealers, and construction companies.Businesses as small as two employees to as large as 6000 employees have been nominated. Businesses that represent what we think of as family businesses.
79 family-owned companies have been recognized for their contributions to their communities, their industries, and the economy. The winners have come from all parts of the state, from Superior to Milwaukee, Beloit to La Crosse.
If your family business deserves recognition, you can download a nomination form by clicking here or on the button below. If you know of other family businesses that deserve recognition, please let them know about our program. They will be in great company!
Nominations are now open, and are due on April 1, 2015.
The awards will be presented at a banquet on
May 14, 2015 at the NEW Edgewater Hotel in Madison.
Wisconsin Family Business of the Year Award Nomination Form »
The 2014 winners were a great cross section of family businesses in Wisconsin. We loved their stories and their passion for keeping family in the business.
Grand Awards (Click name to read Profile):
- JF Brennan Company, Inc., La Crosse - Large Company - JF Brennan Profile
- Von Rutenberg Ventures, Waunakee - Medium Company - Von Rutenberg Profile
- Ron's Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, Inc., Wisconsin Rapids - Small Company - Ron's Refrigeration Profile
- Cleary Building Corporation, Verona - "Shamrock Pride" - Cleary Building Profile
- Dave Jones, Inc., Madison - "Seeing Beyond Tomorrow" - Dave Jones Profile
- J&K Security Solutions, - "Madison 'Key to Success" - J&K Security Profile
- Morgan Murphy Media, Madison - "Connecting Generations to the Community" - Morgan Murphy Profile
- Pioneer Ford Sales, Ltd., Platteville - "Everybody's Neighbor" - Pioneer Ford Sales Profile
- Van's Lumber & Custom Builders, Inc., Dykesville - "Whole Package - Golden Rule" - Van's Lumber Profile
About Wisconsin Family Business Awards
First Business is a proud sponsor of the Wisconsin Family Business of the Year Award. Nominees must be a Wisconsin-based family-owned private company and have intentions of passing ownership to the next generation. Each nomination is looked at in-depth by a panel of judges composed of independent business leaders. The judges consider the family business' contribution to its community and industry, its positive links between family and business, and innovative practices it may use, among other things.
Click here to watch the video
There are three award categories:
Small - Under 50 employees
Medium - 50-99 employees
Large - 100 or more employees.