Manufacturing Matters - State Agency Update
For: Anyone who interfaces with State government agenciesWisconsin state agencies will provide short presentations on how their agencies can be accessed, what services are offered, and key legislative and regulatory issues. The session will include time for Q&A. Agencies participating include:
- David Volz, of the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (formerly Commerce)
- Steve Krieser of the Department of Transportation
- Secretary Cathy Stepp of the Department of Natural Resources
- Secretary Matt Moroney of the Department of Natural Resources
- Secretary Dave Ross of the Department of Safety and Professional Services (formed by combining the Department of Regulation and Licensing and parts of the Department of Commerce)
David Volz is the Government Affairs Director for the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC). As the state’s lead economic development organization, the WEDC nurtures business growth and job creation in Wisconsin by providing resources, technical support, and financial assistance to companies, partners and the communities they serve. Steve Krieser serves as executive assistant of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT), working to shape policies that guide the department and oversee legislative and communication activities. Stepp’s administration is concentrating on improving DNR’s customer relations and streamlining and simplifying permitting. She believes job creation and environmental protection are mutually supportive. Deputy Secretary Matt Moroney oversees the day-to-day operations of the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. Raised on a farm, Deputy Secretary Moroney has also served as the Executive Director of the Metropolitan Builders Association of Greater Milwaukee. Secretary Ross is the Secretary of the Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS). DSPS licenses 241 professional fields and houses 79 boards and councils. The Department also protects the safety, health, and welfare of Wisconsin’s residents.
- Manufacturing Matters - State Agency Update
- Wednesday, May 9, 2012
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM State Agency Business Assistance & Regulatory Update
Frontier Airlines Center
400 W. Wisconsin Ave.
- Registration Deadline
- May 8, 2012