First Business is pleased to announce they are a keynote sponsor at Manufacturing Matters!, a day-long event, hosted by the Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Partnership (WMEP). This year’s event will be held on Wednesday, May 9th at the Frontier Airlines Center, 400 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee. As part of this sponsorship, friends of First Business are eligible for $50 off their conference registration fee. Also, those who register by May 6 get an additional $50 Early-bird discount.
Finding talented workers remains one of the most pressing issues facing manufacturers today. Tim Sullivan, former president and CEO of Bucyrus and now special consultant for business and workforce development for the state of Wisconsin, will share his insight into the skills gap, how to engage employees and specific programs that address the talent issue.
Aaron Jagdfeld, President and CEO of Manufacturer of the Year award-winner Generac Power Systems, will share his insights into building a rapidly growing business that draws on local suppliers to drive growth, as well as Generac’s innovative program to build its talent supply.
Adam Hartung, nationally acclaimed author and speaker, will share his innovative four-step process to master business growth in a dynamic world.
Sarah Miller Caldicott, co-author of "Innovate Like Edison", will share the methods that her great-uncle Thomas Edison used to create an innovative organization - methods that are based on building collaborative teams.
Other sessions focus on talent management, innovation, profitable sustainability, online marketing, food & feed, business growth, lean culture, finance, and legal and regulatory issues.
"Manufacturing Matters! aims to provide manufacturers a tremendous value in unmatched opportunities for learning, networking, and collaboration," said Buckley Brinkman, WMEP’s executive director. "In response to manufacturer needs, we’re offering two channels this year - one focused on executives, and the other designed for operations staff, providing benefit for the entire manufacturing organization."
"First Business fully supports Wisconsin Manufacturers and recognizes their contributions to our economy. We are proud to be a key sponsor of this Milwaukee-based manufacturing event. We at First Business support WMEP’s efforts to promote Wisconsin’s robust manufacturing industry. We feel this event is a perfect complement to our Northeast Wisconsin event, Manufacturing First, which will take place later this year in Green Bay." said Dave Vetta, President & CEO of First Business Bank - Milwaukee.
Visit www.manufacturingmatters.org for more information on the conference. Register online and use the promotion code 2012FBB to get $50 off your conference fees. Register by May 6 and get an additional $50 Early-bird discount.
- Manufacturing Matters
- Wednesday, May 9, 2012
- 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM Registration & Exhibits
- 8:00 AM – 8:30 AM Opening Remarks by Buckley Brinkman
- 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM Morning Keynote - Tim Sullivan sponsored by First Business Bank
- 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM Session Tracks
- 11:15 AM – 12:15 PM Session Tracks
- 12:15 PM – 1:30 PM Lunch
- 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM Session Tracks
- 2:30 PM – 3:00 PM Break & Exhibits, State Goverment Listening Post WEDC Idea Exchange Discussion Groups
- 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM Industry Leader Keynote - Aaron Jagdfeld of Generac
- 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM Reception Drawing, and Exhibits
Frontier Airlines Center
- Manufacturer ($395.00) Non-Manufacturer ($519.00) Clients and friends of First Business can register online and use the promotion code 2012FBB to get $50 off your conference fees. Register by May 6 and get an additional $50 Early-bird discount.
- Please Note: Parking Fees are not included in your conference registration. The parking fee for the Frontier Airlines Center is $15.00 for the day and $20 for overnight parking.
- Registration Deadline
- April 16, 2012