Health Care Risks That Affect the Bottom Line
How can regulatory and other health care risks affect your bottom line and practice’s financial health? Come find out at a special First Business Bank breakfast event on June 20 at Butte des Morts Country Club.
At our June session, learn about:
- Readiness for ICD-10 remains an important objective for all healthcare providers to pursue. Greater specificity will be required along with supplementary documentation to distinguish between the 55,000 additional codes. Is your practice ready?
- Medical identity theft - Your practice can be at risk for mistreatment of patients, exposure to patient financial information, and insurance fraud that extends beyond HIPAA. Are you aware of recommendations under the FTC Red Flag Rules?
- EHR Meaningful Use - Participation in Medicare or Medicaid’s programs for meaningful use of electronic health records can provide incentive bonuses as your practice transitions to or enhances its use of an electronic record platform.
- Tax Planning and Savings Strategies - What do the new laws mean for my practice? How will I be affected if the Bush tax cuts are not extended? Learn some techniques to better prepare your practice for the future.
Our speakers are Dawn Johanknecht and Carrie Aiken.
Dawn is a Principal at SVA Certified Public Accountants, S.C., partner-in-charge of the Appleton office, and a member of the firm’s Healthcare Group. Dawn works primarily with physicians and dental groups as well as small business groups. She provides practice management and has extensive experience in the tax area. She also provides consulting services for practice groups, individual physicians and dentists on compensation, employment contracts and benefits, retirement plan options, and ownership change packages.
Carrie is the Compliance and Consulting Manager for SVA Healthcare Services, LLC. She directs the development of compliance policies and procedures, compliance education, reporting, risk analysis and mitigation. She has expanded her activitity to promoting medical identity and data theft awareness as well as Medicare quality initiatives, keeping up with recent trends and regulations in the industry. Carrie has 20 years of experience, leading a team of healthcare consultants to help organizations achieve compliance and business objectives.
- Health Care Risks That Affect the Bottom Line
- Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Butte des Morts Country Club
3600 W. Prospect Ave.
- This event is sponsored by First Business Bank and offered at no cost to our clients and invited guests.
- Registration Deadline
- May 17, 2012